View Single Post
      07-16-2022, 12:06 PM   #545
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
There are real problems in TX, they want to attract businesses and people, but they don't really have the infrastructure for it and they are constantly playing catch-up for that fact. Their idea is they'll reap the benefits of the businesses and "eventually get there", but you'll shoulder the burden in QOL as a citizen there, while the businesses enjoy tax breaks and the infrastructure struggles. This is what the government there does. Bring in the businesses, worry about the rest later.

There are real problems in the US, they want to convert everyone to EVs and green tech, but they don't really have the infrastructure for it and they are constantly playing catch-up for that fact. Their idea is they'll reap the benefits of the EV's and green tech to "eventually get there", but you'll shoulder the burden in QOL as a citizen there, while the EV's enjoy tax breaks and the infrastructure struggles. This is what the government does. Bring in the EV's, worry about the rest later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Pinning all of this on EVs is ridiculous.
Of course it is ridiculous, which is I'm not saying that. it's like saying stimulus checks cause inflation. It's a factor, but not the only factor. It's still OK to say "inflation stimulus checks" to battle the inflation made worse by stimulus checks might be a stupid idea.

EV's are currently <1% of the nations vehicle fleet. Plans are to make them a vast majority in the next decade or two. No one is stopping you from making that happen, but I'm saying that is going to cause problems that can't be solved in that same time frame.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50