View Single Post
      05-31-2022, 07:19 PM   #1
tomjonesBT33
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 M Roadster

Garage List
There are tons of threads about various ECU tunes (actual remaps) and power adder 'boxes' (inline with DME to fake sensor/signals to/from the DME) available for the E70 X5M. And there are just about as many opinions as to which is best and why…

I want to add an ECU remap (not a box) and keep my X5M stock otherwise, ie, stock cats, muffler, etc. I will probably replace the paper panel filters with K&N or BMS. But that's it. I'm not going to track it or drag race. Basically, I want to take advantage of the margin that BMW has built into the S63 factory tune and free up some torque/HP that is suppressed.

I talked with Velos but $2200 for a Stage 1 is just way too $$$. ESS is $1000. AA is $1000. VF is $900.

$300 for a Dinan tune seems like a no brainer, but I'm looking for feedback from those that actually run (or have ran) the Dinan Stage 1 tune.

If Dinan is junk, then my next choice would be AA or VF engineering. Their plots show nice torque bump across most all of the rev range. Same for these - feedback welcomed if you have or had Stage 1 AA or VF.

Looking for feedback. Thanks.
2017 X1 xDrive28i - Alpine White
Appreciate 0