2018 X5 M  [0.00]
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2005 BMW X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by protecon View Post
That's bad luck, but I'd be finding out the root cause before blaming BMS.

Plenty of other people have run JB4 on all sorts of aggressive fuel mixes and maps without issue.
Wasn't bad luck. I blame myself really.

My 2010 had index 6 injectors, a driveway tuneup (new plugs and coils, oil change, coolant flush) and 80k+ miles.

Everyone reviewing feels the injectors (and associated boost) played a part in the two bent rods.

Quite a costly mistake.

As mentioned above, DME tuning would be my recommendation. Joining forces between the JB4 and a DME tune would be the preference. I'll run the JB4 again on this build, but only to keep my kittyless light from coming on. That is, until I can get a DME tune and see the live outputs of it's tuning before adding e30/JB4 use.

I feel a swap to TU mannies and turbos combined with blankets and DP wrap with the DME tune is the winning combo here. Our community just needs to get a committed tuner stateside to deliver with consistency. As it stands now we are the bastard platform.

In all honesty, if we can accomplish the above I feel we can control our resale value to some degree. This platform is KBB'd to $20k-$25k right now. If we can solve the S63 to S63TU power disparity with some consistency the difference between E and F platforms is minimized.

TL;DR - E70/71 with a reliably configured AVIN unit in the dash and similar F-body (ouch on the terminology) power numbers at a $20k-$30k discount would be a steal.
So per your suggestion, install DP, have it DME tuned, then use JB4 for controlling Meth injection? Then perhaps further DME tuning?