United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakalika View Post
Damm!!!! I really want one of these. But all these issues mentioned here are really putting me off, especially the fact that you have to use the aux in if you have CIC. What's with that?

I do admire the Chinese for doing what none of the Japanese electronic giants will even attempt. But they really need to sort the bugs out.

Is it possible that the screen could be used just for the BMW system alone? I mean, just connecting the factory monitor cables to the avin unit and nothing else. So I retain all the factory functions, but just have a bigger and better looking screen. This would be worth it for me. Anyone tried this?
in couple of weeks its gonna be one year since I installed this unit and I was one of the first who tried it.

I can answer yes to all your questions:

1. Yes you can install the screen and still use OEM CIC functionality (with bigger and better screen)
2. You might need to connect to AUX for the sound (I did) it depends on your car's options (better optioned car probably will require AUX connection)
3. Most of the issues discussed were already resolved (they released couple of firmwares)
4. In my case, I use this unit mostly for Waze 99% of the time and the screen is awesome for that!
Appreciate 1