07-17-2018, 07:33 AM   #314
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoPhyr View Post
I have had mine in for a few months now and have drawn some conclusions:

For a screen upgrade ALONE it's worth the asking price. Screen is way higher quality than the OEM unit and having it bigger and out from the dash is a big plus.

As an android head unit, it's awful. It's too slow to be useful for anything. I don't want to sit in my driveway while I'm waiting for the damn thing to load to be able to input something into Waze. (Which by the way never works the first 2 or 3 times you open it, and then crashes often)

The audio from the unit isn't the worst, but even the aux out is worse than the OEM Bluetooth and the AVIN Bluetooth is impressively bad. Spotify runs poorly on this device and the steering wheel controls only work sometimes for next/last track selection.

Am I happy with the device? Yes, but only if I completely ignore the Android side of it and pretend it's just a screen replacement.

I still have my phone sitting in a wireless charging dock to the left of the steering wheel for Waze.
Yes, I'm in the same camp. It's been months and android, carplay have fallen by the wayside b/c of the poor sound and intermittent connectivity. I wish I could reclaim my NAV button. Support was good for the first couple emails, but then they just gave up. Promises of fixes were inflated.