View Single Post
      03-23-2017, 09:49 PM   #11
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I emailed Pirelli with this rumor and they said it's not true. Either way, the ones I do find are upwards of almost $700 each vs two years ago when I bought two for $650 on Amazon. Crucify me for this but I've been looking at Lexani and Lionhart because, let's be honest, a 22" wheel and tires package of these sizes aren't meant to be used for aggressive driving or track use...I'll switch back to my 20" for that. The previous owner of my E53 X5 put some Lexani LX4000 tires on the iForged 20's and they seemed to develop flat spots from sitting overnight but was fine once warmed up. Hopefully they've gotten better over the years.
Dude consider how many Lexani and Lionhart tires are sold with little or no complaints at all. Almost every US SUV and some German that run 22's all rock them. Every Burb, Tahoe, or Escapade run them and they do just fine.

Of course, if you're at the track I recommend you spend a bit and get some track ready tire. In over a year and a half of ownership I can tell you that not once have I needed a track spec tire, and I DRIVE.

With that said, I'd rather have new Lexani's on my ride every 8 months than one set of some $2K++ fan boy tires.