01-08-2018, 04:30 PM   #49
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1135 View Post
Sorry, I haven't hit 100K miles yet.. Just now hitting 75K miles in my 2012 X5 XDrive 50i, however, I've been looking for a place with information on high mileage X5 50is, so thanks for this thread!

I purchased the truck last summer at 68K miles and my mechanic acted like I was crazy for purchasing a 50i at such high mileage... At any rate, I did have some issues about two weeks after I purchased-- Noticed some minor oil leaks. When my mechanic took her apart to investigate, he performed some other needed repairs as well. Here's what I've got so far:

- Upper and Lower oil pan gasket replaced
- Replaced 2 engine mounts
- Replaced 3 coolant lines
- Replaced oil pressure sensor (apparently causing some of the leakage I was seeing)

I LOVE this truck and hope to drive it until the wheels fall off. So any tips or advice for high mileage X5 50is is much appreciated!
Valve guide seals are the big one for the 50i. It's a $9,000 job at the dealer. Your mechanic may charge less, but will still be expensive as the motor has to be dropped out completely.

Do you have a warranty? If not I'd heavily consider one since you plan to drive it for the long run.
Appreciate 0