View Single Post
      06-02-2016, 09:35 PM   #1
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Weird clicking noise once I shut the engine off

Just spent 5 days on the road driving from Seattle to Hollywood to Vegas to Hollywood and back to Seattle, all without issue (minus my still nagging reduced power warning) while lowered on 22's, going through twisties and driving it harder than I've ever driven it before while leading or following hundreds of BMW's throughout our various meeting spots.

I've noticed now though that at night the engine fan is no longer coming on after I've shut the engine off, then coupled with this ticking noise that I can't seem to source, I'm worried. It sounds louder in the video than it is in person, but it's definitely there. A BMW tech buddy suggested it's an aux water pump for the turbos, I was assuming it was the aux fan motor or worst case scenario and injector is still running even after the engine has been turned off.

I've got a BMW laptop with Rheingold on it, but I've honestly no clue how to use it. I've got Carista on my phonr (code reading and coder) but I'm getting no codes either. Truck still has plenty of power, no issues or smells, etc.

Appreciate 0