Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mose121 View Post
Those numbers are already skewed by the fact that the 3 series was at the end of its lifecycle and BMW introduced many updated models in the SAV line up (X2, X3, X5).
That's a fair point, but I am skeptical that we'll see those totals swap places any time soon (if ever). Premium sedans have shown more resiliency against the surging popularity of SUVs than non-premium sedans, but there's a limit to how much you can buck the trend.

The G20 looks like a winner, but there are new engines and interior updates coming to the SAV lineup this year too. Sales will remain strong.
SUVs and CUVs are fads.

Look at Tesla... their best sellers are the Model 3 and S (Both sedans) not the X which to me looks like a minivan with gullwing doors.

That goes to show there is nothing wrong with Sedans and much to do with the marketing messages that tells you that tall looking vehicles are cool/macho and makes you the ultimate Schmuck out in the road.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0