View Single Post
      02-28-2024, 03:44 PM   #20
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe17 View Post
Ok the E93 lives again. Engine was rebuilt by DM Performance in Wrightstown, NJ. Super nice guys there, time for a 500 mile break in, oil change, and then another 500 miles of babying her... then probably another 500 of me being scared of the skinny pedal.

For those curious about a general "so what happened, how'd it go", here you go, this is the short version.

Basically it melted a piece off piston 8, and was pretty much best case scenario. Only light scoring on the cylinder wall, able to be repaired. So, we rebuilt the motor.

Its now got Camillo Forged Rods and Pistons. And if anyone wants to buy a 1 of roughly 1400 manual e93's in all the US and Canada, that's fully optioned out (minus EDC) in black on black on black that is ready for supercharging, gimme a hollar lol. I'm probably going to move to a C7 Vette later on, so if you're down to trade its a really nice M3 with a TON of new life now breathed into it via almost all the dollar signs I could give it.
Glad you got it going again! Personally I wouldn't have any of these cars if I couldn't do the work my self. My Mini, just bought for a steal at $1k but knowing it needed $8k worth of work. Did it all myself for less than $2k and now I have a perfect running and driving car. Ducati ST3 needed $1400 clutch and some other things, bought the bike for $1k and found it was just a bad kickstand fuse lol. I try to buy the cars cheap (from people that can't do repairs) and fix them so when they break I don't feel bad but instead it gives me something to do.

Basically what I'm saying is high mileage German cars WILL need lots of work and they will break the bank if you can't do it yourself. I currently have 9 cars, mostly German, and rarely do they go to a shop.

How much did the engine repair cost?
Appreciate 0