No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Definitely hard to find good work, especially for the discerning customer. Not sure what kind of place you went to but pretty much all chain stores are used to customers who know next to nothing about cars so they aren't used to being questioned.

I have been using a mobile tire guy for a while (as another poster mentioned) and it's a one man show and his work is very consistent. Even uses a proper torque wrench on the bolts. He can however be a little difficult with scheduling (has been late several times and canceled on more than one occasion). Recently decided to try a local Porsche race shop for a new set of tires installed. They were much more expensive then your typical tire shop, however, their work was perfect and they treated my car with great care. For the infrequency of needing tires replaced, I find it worth while to pay more and have it be a worry free experience.

Sometimes paying a bit more is worth it... I never should have stopped going to the Lotus shop, but convenience and less cost swayed me. That, and the fact that Belle Tire has a tire storage program so I wouldn't have to worry about shoving four tires in my cramped coupe (they definitely don't all fit with the hatch completely shut) and driving around with them when I swap between summers/winters.

But considering the Lotus shop always took great care with my wheels and tires, even to the point of asking me what PSI I prefer them to be pressurized to, I doubt I'll be back to Belle Tire after I swap out for the winters they have in storage later this year.
Appreciate 0