View Single Post
      06-04-2019, 11:01 PM   #11
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvdman View Post
Here is an update. BMW is covering: valve seals, oil separators, turbocharger oil return pipes, return cover and gaskets, rear crankshaft seal and rear engine cover.

They said it is about $15K worth of repairs and labor that they are completely covering. They said no to a new engine. I am glad they are. Is it worth keeping this 2013 X5? I barely drive it and feel like I will always worry in the back of my mind. I want to try a newer X5 40 non turbo, are they reliable? I have to believe BMW is better than this. Maybe I need to look at some other SUVs.
Get it fixed and then sell it as it sounds like you are not one for fast SUVs and the only reason for owning a 50i or M is for that, otherwise just get the non turbo, much less parts to go bad or worry about plus much less heat under the hood to prematurly wear everything out. With that being said, I personally could never go back to a non-turbo car. I am addicted to that boost feeling and there is no going back and this why I put up with it. If your not into that, dump it and get a non turbo
Appreciate 0