11-14-2018, 03:19 AM   #28
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Said buddy is a former BMW of Seattle tech who opened his own shop. At the time I didn't have my QuickJack so I had him do the service on my X5M and the GF's 535xiT since my 740iL was hogging the two car garage with a suspension swap and I was remodeling the third garage.

I'd ordered the gaskets, filters and pan while he supplied the fluids since he got them at a better price. At the time I hadn't read this writeup so I didn't know all what was needed so the "kit" I got was only the Mechatronics gasket and sleeve...so that part is on me. Now since he was in there already, I can't explain why he didn't replace the sealing sleeves as well...so that's on him. I'm going to assume he knows the fill procedure in general. I pumped the same fluid back in that I'd drained out since it's new being only a year old.

If it drives fine again tonight after work (i didn't wanna risk driving it into work just yet), I'll take it to work tomorrow and continue crossing fingers that it doesn't fail again where it has the past few times I thought I'd solved it.
You really need to stop driving the car. No idea what kind of damage it might be causing. Do the fluid swap and install new sleeves etc again and see what happens after that. I'm sure it'll be fine after that.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0