View Single Post
      09-22-2016, 04:53 PM   #41
RustyX5M
Private
Rep
Drives: e70 x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenm View Post
I'm running the pads posted by m5james - http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....nid=382&jpid=9 -

Zero Noise w/ Zero Dust and $300 vs $25 ...

Curious as to why spend more on OEMs or Carbotech when its a street vehicle ... if it was going track then it would obviously be another story.
While I don't have experience with the ($25) pads mentioned above, I can definitely speak on knowing the difference of a lower end pad vs. a higher end. I've cut cost on on brake pad before with other heavy vehicles, and yes they work, though they have definitely scared the crap out of me at times when towing or in need of sudden heavy braking. Again, that's all subjective to the pads I've used, though when it comes to one of the most critical safety features in the car I'm willing to pony up a bit extra for peace of mind.
That said, I ended up going OEM... from my rough comparison it seems as though they actually have a bit more bite than the Carbotechs though slightly more dust and noise. ...suppose I also was a little weary paying more for the Carbotechs with the added uncertainty.
Appreciate 0