View Single Post
      03-23-2018, 05:06 PM   #7
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6 m

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuroclast View Post
I have a Dinan stage 1 tune right now (came with the car), and it was around $1200 for the previous owner I think.

MHD is company/app that allows you to flash tunes to your car with a cheapo (<$100) cable that you attach to any android/iOS device. They are very big in various BMW communities. Started on the N54 I believe but that's grown a lot.

It's more affordable because the app is cheap, the cable is cheap, and then any good BMW tuner will be able to tune for the car without a specialty cable. I know Motiv will be jumping on that bandwagon, and their tunes are usually a few hundred dollars.

I haven't seen anyone actually use those on an S63, so I don't know about their results. I will say though: it's a piggyback tuner, so it will not be able to do advanced DME features like delete cold start, remove the catless DP CEL, etc. I wouldn't go with it.
Agreed. Just seeing what's it's done on other applications is more than enough reason for me! I mean some seeing 0-60 reductions of .60+ of a sec is huge.

All depends how deep into the machine you wanna go!

+98hp is the claim on the s63, and so far other applications claims have stood up to as advertised.
Appreciate 0