03-23-2018, 04:06 PM   #6
jellish
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABX6M View Post
Thanks for the fast reply. I never heard of MHD I assume they are reputable if your mentioning them. Can you elaborate what is going to make theirs so much more affordable?

I spoke with active autowerks they quoted me $1400 including tune and Simon cable to upload to ecu, does this sounds expensive? It seems fair for a gain of 86 hp, and that seems to be the strongest on the market, but doesn't mean it's the best which is why I'm here.

Is your X6m tuned by chance? And do you know anyone with a river autowerks?

Thank you
I have a Dinan stage 1 tune right now (came with the car), and it was around $1200 for the previous owner I think.

MHD is company/app that allows you to flash tunes to your car with a cheapo (<$100) cable that you attach to any android/iOS device. They are very big in various BMW communities. Started on the N54 I believe but that's grown a lot.

It's more affordable because the app is cheap, the cable is cheap, and then any good BMW tuner will be able to tune for the car without a specialty cable. I know Motiv will be jumping on that bandwagon, and their tunes are usually a few hundred dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Performancedieselpros View Post
Racechip gts black
I haven't seen anyone actually use those on an S63, so I don't know about their results. I will say though: it's a piggyback tuner, so it will not be able to do advanced DME features like delete cold start, remove the catless DP CEL, etc. I wouldn't go with it.