View Single Post
      04-12-2017, 02:37 PM   #15
335dsleeper
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09' 335d 10'35D

My 2010 35d is awesome! Just turned 184k miles. I purchased the X5 with 93k ish miles in 2014. The only item that has failed on me was one right rear air shock and the passenger side mirror fogged and wouldn't pass state inspection. So, in 90K+ miles, I've only had two parts fail... I know the EGR cooler was replaced under warranty at some point prior to purchasing it.

When I purchased the vehicle I did some preventative maintenance. I replaced the in-tank fuel pump and changed all the fluids and filters and replaced the engine cowling that was damaged by BMW at some point. I now try to change the oil every 5-7k (have went as long as 12k), transmission pan/fluid every 35-40k and the transfer case and differentials yearly. So far so good.

I recently did the deletes (@173K) to get in front of any issues. I also just replaced the belts and damper (@182k) to get in front of a potential failure item.

Its a great vehicle, we typically average 28mpg but, can get over 30mpg if we baby it. Our Yukon gets like half at best...

There are little quirky things like the rear hatch won't close all the way sometimes. Just reopen and it's fine. Random soft codes pop up on carly at times (no CEL) and I will replace the vacuum lines in a few months when I return home.

This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. We love it and it's super versatile.

Everyone seems to always talk about their horrible experience with their BMW 335d or 35d etc but, there are just as many, if not more horror stories in the domestic world. Just about every manaufacture has reliability issues in one model or another... My buddies 80k King Range F-450 was in the shop far more than any vehicle I've ever seen...

My 35d has been far cheaper to maintain and repair than my Excursion was and it's been far more reliable!

Last edited by 335dsleeper; 04-20-2017 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0