View Single Post
      01-21-2019, 09:22 PM   #16
ckjarr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5M

We experienced this last August. My wife backed out of the driveway and realized she had forgotten something so she pulled back in and when she got out she heard it beep like she had locked it. One key was in the passenger seat in her purse and we thought the other key was in the diaper bag behind the passenger seat. With our three month old son in the vehicle I didn’t have much of an option. A quick search turned up that it’s fairly common and the quickest/cheapest way out was to shatter a window so.....I took a hammer to the passenger front window. I recieved two of these letters last week but I’ve just never been a big fan of seeking compensation. The new glass and all new door panel clips was just a bit over $180 so for me it’s just not really worth the trouble. It’s just another “quirk” that comes with this platform that we’ve learned and we will operate it with that in mind going forward. Kinda like replacing plastic CCV lines, oil pan gaskets, valve cover gaskets......etc!!! Lol
Appreciate 0