CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
Thank you for the feedback CanAutM3, nice! I am glad you had a lot of fun, and I am sure you were tired after three days to tossing the car around

But give us more details on how the car supports or objects to various techniques; trailing the brakes, how and when you were able to apply the brakes/throttle, was it more point-n-shoot from corner to corner or earlier entry was better, how different was it between slow vs. high-speed corners, etc.? We need more juice, people need the juice

TIA.
I do trail brake in almost every corner. The car's behaviour is very good. I'd say better than the E9X, probably due to the lighter and stiffer chassis. As I stated the brakes are very easy to modulate. You are hard on the brakes, then slowly release as you turn-in. In some corners I trail brake all the way to the apex and the car took it very well. The throttle response is also quick enough to allow you to easily catch the rotation.

As with all previous M3s, the car benefits from momentum. Sure, one can use the power to point and shoot, but one is much faster by keeping momentum AND leveraging the the power .

As I stated, the car pivots nicely (much better than the E9X IMO), so my technique is to keep the weight on the front axle until I get the car pointing where I want it to, catch it with the throttle and then power away.

The car is nice and neutral in all contexts, high and low speed corners and can be easily positioned with the throttle.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 10-05-2014 at 10:59 PM..
Appreciate 0