View Single Post
      04-09-2019, 04:33 PM   #20
JoeyBimX5din
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMX X5 Xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Jordan Junior View Post
Can you please help me understand what you mean by the bank lawsuit my wife just got a 2009 BMW X5 4.8 and we took it in to BMW of Spokane and they told us that we needed $8000 worth of work on itNow mind you she just got this less than two months ago and they said the valve guide seals need to be replaced along with the cover gasket valves oh ring a whole valve gasket need to be replaced and but this was supposed to be done on January 10 of 2019 at Jaguar and Land Rover so please help me understand what you mean by bank lawsuit or how do I go about talking to the dealership but actual BMW to pay for this service and how do I find out which if my engine is the one that was recalled
I don't think that repair is worth doing IMHO. Valve seals can be lived with when leaking. Just make a budget for additional oil, and at some point early, a catalytic converter, or a few of them. Only replace them once you start throwing codes though
1995 BMW 540i6 - H&R Lowering Springs, Bilstein's, Racing Dynamics Bars, Catback, Short shifter
Appreciate 0