No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanbrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Took mine (E70) in for clay detail and engine cleaning and the advisor made me an appointment for this service - it's free and comes with a loaner car - hopefully this will solve the enormous amounts of oil this truck has been eating lately - he says they will be changing turbo parts - timing belt- injectors - battery-and a host of other things apparently this results in an increase in horsepower? And now I'm hearing there is an incentive to upgrade/trade thus one in for a new model? Anyone have more info on this incentive in California? Thanks in advance (my appointment is this coming Thursday-it takes 2-3days to repair and parts are I stock....)
Umm, there is no timing belt. There are timing chains, but not every vehicle qualifies for them; there is a test that is run. If you require the timing chains, it is not a 2 to 3 day job either. Battery also is not covered unless you are under the original 4/50k warranty.

Why would there be an increase in HP?

Have you read through this thread? The incentive is the same no matter where you are. If you don't want to read through the thread, then talk to a salesperson when you drop it off.
The battery is covered in fact the dealer said they are changing it no matter what - they also said the timing will be tested and the belt/chain will be changed if necessary - and I did read through the thread - I haven't heard any feedback from folks near me - as far as the incentives I just read online some are offered only $1500-$2000 which is not much but it's something - horsepower could be effected if the injectors are faulty -and I will post the work order when I pick my X5 up so you can see what they did...
Appreciate 0