View Single Post
      09-07-2022, 01:08 AM   #1
JohnelP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 5

(N63) Oil Leak at Diverter Valve - Passenger side only

Hi,

Last year I have rebuilt my N63. I have noticed there is a oil leak at the passenger side diverter valve. Before tearing the engine apart, I did not notice any leak there. When I had the engine apart, I took the turbos out as a whole, without touching the diverter valve. I have seen the PCV hoses to have oil in them, and also there is some oil in the air duct of the air inlet of the turbocharger, but that was there before. but never to the point where diverter valve leaks oil. I tried to see if there is any oil leak inside the turbocharger from the oil lubrication channels. Other thing in my mind is the oil separator from the cyl head cover. But I see that to be fairly simple so i do not see anything can go wrong with that.

Or is it too much pressure in the engine and pushes air with oil mixture too fast for the separation to take place?
I recall I have seen it once, what pressure should I measure inside the crankcase? Assume some vacuum may be there due to PCV system? Or the blow by pressure is too strong, and i may see pressure in the engine??? Don't know... Throw the topic to see what other opinions are there
Appreciate 0