09-10-2018, 05:55 PM   #402
Twisted Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyspeed View Post
TT, can you elaborate on this?

"the DME's in these cars have similar failsafe's for EGT. that's not just a diesel thing. There are safeties for cat temps and etc."

Does the system cut back timing or reduce turbo pressure at a certain temperature? The reason I ask is I have been using my X5 to tow here lately in a pinch and I haven't had time to switch back to stock from stage 2. I go easy when towing and try not to push the motor to hard, I need to make time to work on this tow tune with you. I don't have a setup to monitor everything and I'm going to work on that at some point also. I'd probably feel better when towing if I could watch my egt's.

On a side note, I just took a 700 mile round trip with my stage 2 tune and averaged 27 mpg!! My everyday back and forth to work 30 miles gets me 24.2 mpg. 80% highway with 10 stops. Stock I was getting 21.7

All you need is MHD to monitor. it has what you need. Being that the car doesnt have actual EGT sensors, it have a temperature model that estimates based on a few things. Should remain fairly accurate on stock turbo though.
Appreciate 0