11-13-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC997T View Post
Wife saw the car and is in love with it. Was going to get black initially but ended up buying white after a phone call with the wife. Decided she can have it since she wasn't happy with her GL550...her complaint "it doesn't drive like a BMW"...LOL

I checked the usual suspects, Hartge, Hamann, and ACS and none seem to have a V8 package yet. Are there any tuners out there that any of you know of that have a V8 program?
Body-on-frame GL550 is hardly what you would buy if you wanted it to drive like a BMW! The new ML550 drives like a BMW, albeit not like an X6.

Dinan and Vishnu Tuning are both known to be working on chips for the 50i. Keep checking with their websites. Also, be aware that BMW can now tell if you have had your engine chipped even if you remove the device before going to the dealer. Although there is no evidence that chipping is particularly risky, you can kiss your engine and powertrain warranty goodbye if you do it. I sure wouldn't want to be one of the first to do it as the 50i engine has hugely complex software and a whole bunch of innovative features that may or may not be affected by extra boost.

Enjoy the X6, underpowered as it may be...
Appreciate 0