View Single Post
      11-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
AC997T
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Just picked up 50i

Hello everyone! Just picked up the 50i. She's white with tan leather and has every options (dealer forgot to give me the iPod Y cable).

Wife saw the car and is in love with it. Was going to get black initially but ended up buying white after a phone call with the wife. Decided she can have it since she wasn't happy with her GL550...her complaint "it doesn't drive like a BMW"...LOL

X drives very smoothly and the V8 has great midrange power. Exhaust note sounds great!

Are there any tuners that have successfully chipped a V8TT yet? Can I assume that if I change the exhaust I should gain some more power? I don't want to go overboard on the X6 as I normally do with my cars since this is the wifey's car now. Plus, she always complains whenever I do something to my cars. So, I figred chip and exhaust if available and she won't really notice.

I checked the usual suspects, Hartge, Hamann, and ACS and none seem to have a V8 package yet. Are there any tuners out there that any of you know of that have a V8 program?

Oh, I do believe that the X6s are easier to get now due to the economy but man they would not budge off MSRP. My dealer had 3 white 50i and was going to trade another dealer for a black 50i since that's what I wanted originally, so I do think they're out there but I think MSRP is where it seems to stand, at least in the Washington DC area.
Appreciate 0