View Single Post
      10-17-2018, 09:34 AM   #1
suspenceful
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i

Jake's M-Sport X5 35i Build Thread

Longtime N54 fanboy checking in (see: my 135i build thread). With shame and excitement, I've recently bought my first N55-powered vehicle. I'm ready for this slight uptick in reliability.

For the past month, I've been searching nationwide for what I consider the "perfect" E70 X5. That criteria included the following:
  • Had to be the 35i (N55) instead of the 50i (N63, very unreliable)
  • Had to have M-Sport Package (///M body kit, interior trim, etc.)
  • Had to have Cold Weather Package (heated front and rear seats, etc.)
  • Had to have Convenience Package (keyless entry/start, rear view camera, etc.)
  • Had to have Technology Package (heads-up display, side view cameras, etc.)
  • Had to have a heated steering wheel
  • Had to have paddle shifters
  • Had to be a 2013 (because LCI and this was the only year you could get M-Sport, heated steering wheel & paddle shifters together)
  • Couldn't be silver, bronze or brown
  • Couldn't have white or gray interior
  • Couldn't have any reported accidents
  • Mileage and location didn't matter
  • Budget was $25k after travel, taxes, registration, etc.

Eventually jiggz shared a link to a Carbon Black X5 at a random Ford dealership in the middle of nowhere, Missouri. They had a single-owner 2013 X5 35i that met all of my criteria. I inquired and found out that it was on consignment through the dealership. The owner of the dealership was trying to help sell his best friend's wife's car. After running the VIN, I found it also had premium sound, soft-close doors and front/rear PDC.

I arranged a quick 3rd party inspection through LemonSquad for $200. The inspection report came back good, so I got a quote for transportation through a friend of a friend on Facebook (Tri-Logistics). $1,000 delivered to my door in an enclosed trailer? Sure. I arranged for pickup on Monday and he delivered it to my house at 11:30pm the same day! I didn't expect such a huge truck and trailer to show up at my house, I should've told him I was the guy waiting for the white Lambo

He unloaded it and went on his way. I drove it for the first time yesterday and it's everything I was hoping it'd be. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.

Now, let the modding begin!
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com

Last edited by suspenceful; 11-08-2018 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 1