07-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #10
Lunker325
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M / 991.2 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by igell View Post
That looks really good. any pointers to removing the center console trim?

I've used vinyl on my motorcycle before with good results. After further research in my case it seems a bit more complicated as i need to actually fill in the cracks and sand it down before putting vinyl on.. otherwise crack creases will show through.
Thanks. I followed the TIS instructions, but did not remove the entire center storage unit. Only took off the top cover above the rear HVAC controls to access the screws, you can wiggle the pieces out without taking out the whole center storage unit. I did however end up breaking off a fastening point for the knee pads, there are 3 with one of the screws so close to the center stack it is nearly impossible
to remove. Still very sturdy with 2 screws. Also watch a video on how to re-install the trim around the cupholders, wasted 20 minutes before I googled how to do it easily!

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...nsoles/OtN1r4t