View Single Post
      12-24-2018, 05:12 PM   #20
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4drift View Post
The fact that you have to force the vrsf to even attempt to fit them is enough to steer clear. The AA literally drop into place with clearance to spare all around and no issues. More money, weren't coated, but fit well and I heat wrapped them for peace of mind. Welds were beautiful and the pieces were spot on fitment wise with ZERO effort or interference fit.

Never a response form VRSF, I'm done with that company.
I had no idea any went on without having to push them or force them into place... I revisited my install recently and I guess they finally seated right with the motor torquing and there was about an inch space that they became loose, I had a major exhaust leak and it was big enough that the bottom two gaskets fell out of the openings. Since the threads of the bolts were rubbing against the bottom bracket, it flattened them and in order to get the nuts on them, I had to re-thread them and while doing that, one of the welds broke. Became an all day thing and I had to buy a bunch of tools to fight with these yet again. Next on my list is some downpipes that fit right. Live and learn.
Appreciate 1