View Single Post
      12-13-2017, 07:42 AM   #93
E70'11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: || E70 35i | R32 GTR ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Update since I emailed AVIN. I asked them about how the DVR is installed and if it replaces the plastic surround where the rain-sensing wiper sensor is and they confirmed that it does and have refunded me the $149 they charge for the camera. What's confusing to me though is that I placed the order for the units on Dec 8th, all shipping information via DHL shows that unit is shipping from Hong Kong directly to me as of 4 days ago. When I asked AVIN to omit the camera, they said it'd already shipped. So either they lied or maybe that the units ship from HK to AVIN and then get forwarded to the end user...or they omitted the camera during ordering like I asked and didn't refund my money until I brought it up. I posted a link to a YouTube video above showing a comparison of these units and how the vlogger noted the AVIN unit had a reflective AVIN sticker on it...leading me to believe that AVIN simply orders them from their suppliers, throws their sticker on the unit and sends them right back out again.

Shipping info hasn't changed, so I guess we wait and see.
I placed my order last wednesday and received it last night from Hong Kong so that sounds a bit fishy on what's going on with your order man

2010 E90 335i 1M FBO MHD Tune (SOLD)
2009 E92 335i FBO JB4 G5 ISO (SOLD)
Appreciate 0