View Single Post
      03-07-2019, 03:57 PM   #94
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
This is about overly intrusive safety technology.
You think its overly intrusive.
But you have the choice to buy a Volvo or not, don't you?
Just like you have a choice to buy a car that can't even reach 112mph.
When it comes to the legal issues, the law regarding speed limits on the open road doesn't reach to racetracks, so there will never be a system that prohibits you to race on racetracks. Your worries are in vain.
Just like the emissions in california now. Lots of technical mods are not allowed on the open road, but are allowed on racetracks.
This would be similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post

If the human species took that kind of approach, we would never have broke the sound barrier with jets , or sent probes into space
What has that got to do with speed limits on the road?
Your view is very childish in my eyes.
Your car is already very limited in the name of protecting people in one way or another but you're just to dumb or technically limited to understand that.
I mean, the government already told you to put overly large bumpers on your cars 40 years ago. Told you to fit airbags, catalytic converters, seatbelts etc etc. And your bmw was already speed limited when sold by bmw NA, like already explained in this topic, so if you have a problem with that, you bought the wrong car. BMW is the one that felt to tell you how fast your car potentially can go....

And still people went to the moon or broke sound barriers. But mind you, those were smart people, who realized that that has nothing to do with road safety.
You live in a strange world, seemingly thinking that breaking the sound barrier in a jet or sending a probe in space is cross linked with road safety.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 03-07-2019 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0