mnstr
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite53 View Post
Sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by not2fast View Post
I am excited to see this. I have been debating a XDrive35i or Audi S4 as my daily driver. I have had a hard time finding upgrades for X5 like I could for my old 335i. Who makes DP, IC, and tunes for the X5 and what can I expect out of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansbmw View Post
Hows the install of DP on the X5? Its on my short list for next upgrade but havent seen many people do it
Quote:
I would be interested in the N55 DP install. Does anyone make one for X5? What about IC's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgboost View Post
VRSF makes a 3.5" DP.
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1385900
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1014191

The OP is getting the Speedtech Stage 3 turbo upgrade. A DP is included in the package. If you are going that route (upgraded turbo), save the money and get the DP with the package.

The instructions for the 535 should be the same or very similar for the E70.
https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1296547

No aftermarket IC for the E70 currently as far as I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansbmw View Post
AR Design also makes DPs for our cars as well
Quote:
What about tuning or piggyback systems?

Hey guys, what's up? I appreciate all your interest and questions. Now it's a time to show my cards.
1,5 years ago I decided to change downpipe in my X. And I'm telling you guys all my story started from that "bad ass".
I installed DP and BOV on turbo but couldn't drive cause some check light was on. I needed flash asap. I wrote Jb4 but they couldn't help since then they didn't have anything for N55 X5 E70 xdrive. I was also recommended to try custom dyno flash. But I couldn't trust bmw system to random guy especially if he can't give any warranty. More than month my car was just standing. It was so disappointing for me until one company made my day. MHD. I texted them explained everything and then received a link just next morning after I wrote them in the evening. Honestly it took me only 15 min to install their soft. Very quick and easy. And very affordable. I don't remember how much exactly I payed for it but it was about $250-300. (Stage 1 Jb4 for just N55 not even for E70 xdrive started from $1500) I experienced really high level customer service and was ensured that everything would work fine. I'm thousand times THANKFUL for MHD. They made first ever flash Stage 2+ demo version for N55 X5 E70 xdrive. That's unbelievable feeling of my car tried it first in the world. Im getting high from each time I drive my car since the first day I'm using MHD till present time. The way the car reacts, it's much faster and stronger, the way the car sounds, it's sounds like a true beast. Soft is working as precious as watches. During all 1,5 year of usage MHD I didn't see any check engine light. Good job, Germans! Many people think X5 is pretty heavy, AWD and SUV but the way it flies away omg really crazy. If you would see which cars I f*cked up on streets. Wherever I appear I'm taking all the attention. I can't describe it. You need to feel. Check the video below and you are not gonna need any additional words. It's not professional video. Inside car was full of people. One of my friends captured it.
Video 1.

Video 2.

I'm gonna tell you simple thing on my personal experience. Cause it's not my first BMW. I got Jb4 on N54 BMW, some people running custom dyno tuning. But really guys don't waste your time and money. Run with MHD if you really want have pleasure every time you drive. Here is their links on FB
https://www.facebook.com/MHDtuning/
I hope very soon they could join us in this thread and you can ask them questions you are interested in.

Same time with DP I ordered VRSF intercooler which was highly recommended and quite expensive. I was waiting it so long but it didn't fit. I returned it back. Same case happened to another brand IC. I got somewhere in garage OEM IC from E90 and I compared it with OEM IC E70. E70 standard IC is much bigger and for stage 2, 2+ OEM IC is pretty much enough. But finally I found solution for N55 X5 for Stage 3. There is an aftermarket IC. Cheap, big, reliable and the most important easy in installation. That IC is being used by many worldwide professional drifters. And I've already installed it. Just a little bit patience and I'm gonna tell you all details.
Stay tuned.

And lastly for today. Thanks to my shop "European garage" in Addison, IL. Thanks to my friend Nazar, The Godfather of my MNSTR car. It seemed like nothing can be found or done to N55 E70 xdrive. But in this shop impossible becomes possible.They are doing amazing job. They are doing magic. Their custom things express quality and great finishing look. I saw it with my eyes spending hours in the shop. Here is the link for the shop in Google Maps.
https://goo.gl/maps/8DfhxmrVsRu
You'll definitely meet them in future posts, so stay tuned, watch video, like, share and comment
Attached Images

Appreciate 0