View Single Post
      12-16-2021, 07:02 PM   #1
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Sprint Booster Mount

The Sprint Booster really transforms the E70 and I can't recommend it enough, however the controller for it has always been awkward to mount so I made up this custom mount to address this and wanted to see if anyone else wanted one.

My goal was to create a mount that looked as though it came from factory and seamlessly integrated with the interior. They are made from a high temp carbon fiber reinforced plastic printed at a very high resolution so the layer lines are not noticeable and it does not have that 3D printed "look". Many hours were spent in tweaking the settings to get it just right.

Install is very easy and zero mods are needed to the dash itself as there is room to feed the controller cable down a existing holes in the dash. The controller itself it held in by not only the very precise fit of the mount, but also a hidden set screw. No double sided tape is used in the install .

I will be offering two versions -

Option A - 15.00 + Shipping of your choice. This option comes with the 3D printed mount and stainless steel mounting hardware only. This option requires you to remove the silver "metal" trim from your existing trim piece by cutting the plastic rivets, then using the included stainless steel screws to bolt it to the new 3D printed mount. This is quite easy and only takes a few minutes to do. You can drill and tap your stock trim to bolt back on the metal trim should you ever wish to revert back to stock.

Option B - 40.00 + Shipping of your choice. This is a complete plug & play option and comes with everything from Option A plus the silver "metal" trim. This more then doubles the cost as I must source the original "metal" trim and this adds approx 25 dollars to the cost.

If anyone is interested respond here or PM me, I am going to make an extra dozen or so sets and toss them up on Amazon/Ebay/Etsy but wanted to offer them here first.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 12-16-2021 at 07:17 PM..
Appreciate 3
argento538.00
9vapors650.00
Nyc Dito112.50