Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2019 RAM 3500  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3  [0.00]
2016 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2000 Ford F450 7.3l ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
With all that said, I was having certain situations where my trims were maxing out, so I was told to adjust my FOL (fuel open loop) from 60 to 80 and that should increase the pressure from the fuel pump. I didn't get drivetrain faults, something they said might happen if the DME freaks out, and to back it down to 70, but it's held steady at 80 and I'm no longer maxing trims. I'm NOT claiming I know the answer, but it sounds like fuel pressure isn't an issue for us just yet vs it being able to use it properly.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46161

It looks like the tune can crank up fuel pressure which can increase fuel quantity injected, but not enough on its own to deliver the amount of fueling e85 requires. Can you adjust injection duration?

Yeah that is a typical situation for folks trying to use E85. The problem as you know is our cars are tuned for gasoline which is stoichiometric at typically 14.7:1. E85 is about 9.8:1 so E85 which means the car needs to increase fueling by nearly 50% to reach stoich with that fuel. The car has some ability to adjust fuel delivery to maintain stocihometric ratios, but typically not more than 20%-30% which is why e85 doesn't work right.

But since you're not maxing the fueling potential of the engine, I suspect the engine maybe more timing (not optimal in the tunes) and air flow limited.

BTW adding meth can help some but if we're air flow limited then adding more fuel (meth) to the engine won't increase power substantially.

Do you have any logs of timing, knock, mass air flow, fueling and iat? Id just be curious if the turbos are blowing more heat and not adding more air causing a pull in timing etc.
Appreciate 0