View Single Post
      04-09-2019, 07:47 AM   #122
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zMarih0e View Post
Hey, I'm also interested in a group buy if there's still anyone out there.

Had another question though for those who have bought this. Is it easy to switch out of apple carplay, once you have entered it?

Say, I don't want to install the microphone and want to take all my calls through the OEM system, could I easily do that?

EDIT: So after doing some more reading through this thread, it seems that I can take all my calls through the OEM system, but the microphone is for Siri functionality. And I should easily be able to switch out of carplay (I bought a lifetime satellite XM subscription, so I usually end up using that for music) -- but may lose on audio alerts from Waze, if I am understanding this correctly.
Super easy, merely about a 1-2 second press on the menu button switches you seamlessly from one to another.

Correct on the audio part. The installation of this uses an aux cable into the aux port for the audio. So, you can switch to BMW ui, select radio or XM or whatever you choose, and that audio is playing. You can then go back to carplay, select waze, and have it up on the screen. Since you have another audio input selected, you wont get any audio from carplay until you go back to BMW and select aux.

I can't recommend this unit enough. I LOVE mine, I drive a lot- 100 miles a day on commuting, and usually that number goes to 140 to work on my car at my shop. This caplay box makes my 2010 X5 feel like it's competing technologically with a 2015 or higher, it's GREAT!