View Single Post
      06-04-2023, 08:19 AM   #22
jm490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21' F90 M5c

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I stopped watching after the first 25 seconds. You can tell right away what the next 27 minutes we’re going to be like. I have a feeling this video could send its message in about 3-5 minutes.

Having said that, it’s easier said than done. YouTubers get a lot of criticism for being annoying or self centered etc, but it really does take a certain skill set to be concise and digestible on camera. Obviously this YouTubers is new, and almost everyone starts off awkward and unpolished. I wouldn’t be too hard on him, but at the same time they need the honest feedback to improve. So, if this YouTuber is on here, my advice is to assume that no one cares about you right now. They don’t need to know the details of why you have these two cars at the very top of the video. Viewers are selfish, they click on a video because they are self interested in what the video appears to offer. Give it to them in a reasonable amount of time. At almost 30 minutes, I doubt you have that much compelling content judging from the first 25 seconds. Economize your words, get the audience engauged, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU (for now).

You’re absolutely right - great advice and I agree. I watched almost the whole thing fast forwarding every 2 min for another 3-4 min to see if it would end up catching my attention and never did.

I would only add one more thing to your advice and that’s to just either be way more enthusiastic about the review or find a way to be weird- something to keep the viewer engaged and listening.

I do hope he has a successful career I wish nothing but the best for anyone doing this as I wish I had the skill to do it myself (I definitely don’t)
Appreciate 1
M2siast5943.00