01-12-2021, 06:42 AM   #7
fredondo1985
X5M E70 S63
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by askjeeves View Post
That top hose was covered under an extended warranty or recall iirc. But sadly only the top one which is super easy to change. The side ones are a pain in the ass. Get some really long needle noise pliers with angled tip. Really helpful for the driver side since it's hard to get your arm/hand down to the connection. Also you'll want to unbolt the expansion tank and move it aside as much as possible. On the passenger side in order to slide in the hose into the right spot the only way I could figure out how to do it was disconnect the fitting/connector part on end of the hose on one side, slide hose into place, then reconnect the fitting.
Got ya.
Now, I changed that top hose last night, at idle seems and sounds fine, but I took it on the highway and stepped on it, misfire and went to power safe mode, pulled over stop the engine for a few mins restarted and it went away, scanned and it gave me this codes.

2EC3: 0X2EC3 LIN BUS, COMMUNICATION ERROR

2B19: 0X2B19 COMBUSTION MISFIRE, CYLINDER 4

2B18: 0X2B18 COMBUSTION MISFIRE, CYLINDER 3

2B22: 0X2B22 COMBUSTION MISFIRE, SEVERAL CYLINDERS

Erased codes and drove back home "normally" and didn't do it again, this morning I drove it to work like a normal human been 🤣 and didn't do it neither.
Do you think it could be just ignition coils and/or spark plugs? Or could it be injectors?
About a month and a half ago it did the same but it only read misfire on cylinder 4 (was stock) after that I stepped on it and won't do it again till Sunday after doing downpipes and tune