10-02-2019, 03:44 PM   #64
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Well, to update this post.

Changed the solenoids, sleeves, gaskets, filter, oil, etc...

The vehicle drives again without going berserk - however, it's still exhibiting the rough shifts (2 to 3, 4-5 and 6-5 and 4-3). No codes on INPA.

One thing my friend and I can't figure out though, INPA (or his version of it) doesn't show the "F6 - Activate" tab for the E70 so there is no way for me to reset transmission adaptation values. It doesn't show S63 when you select Engine either. According to most DIYs, the resetting of the adaptation is an important part of the process so I'm hoping that's where the issues is or my transmission is shot.

So, what versions of INPA are you guys using on the E70? Are there different versions? Updated versions? Different software altogether (ISTA/Rheingold)? He has an E92 and we were able to clear codes and stuff but were not able to reset any values.
I used the foxwell nt510 to reset mine (ZF8HP), but check out this video on the ZF6HP, he goes through it step by step. Reccomend you do it late at night or on weekend morning or an a smooth rural back road (if such thing exsists), the calibration routine is quite involved in the 6HP and you need alot of long flat smooth road to do it right. It will eventually calibrate itself but will most likely shift worst and first until it gets the correct number of fill data points for each of the shift points which can take along time in normal driving.

https://youtu.be/nN78ukXXF_o
Appreciate 2