View Single Post
      09-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #161
Aferanova
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbofraggins View Post
jvirgi...Now to get into the finer details...carplay connects immediately via the android hotspot...

My harness came with the 3.5mm plug connected to a plug in the harness....definitely no sound on my model year/vehicle build date (Nov 12) that way...I did read that people with 2013 built in 13...don't need to run an aux feed as they have the F series software...

With regard to aux cable...I used one of the new type with a mic capability....turned out to be a bad idea...screws with the stereo and only feeds the rear speakers...changed to the one they included Bingo...blew my brains out...Not sure if I will buy another...and keep using their's.

Just tried to watch a shutdown after without locking....vehicle went to sleep after the programmed 7 minutes...On that note...don't code the X6Ms for a shorter shutdown time...as you will mess up the engine cool down routine...

So just going to re-run the aux..again...and then get to know how I want to connect in the future...

But nice to see this working including the Idrive knob on the Idrive and Android sides...
Wow, didn't realize some '13s worked without aux. i had tested mine without aux and it didnt work which makes sense - mine was built 09/2012.

nice - I was playing with adding an external mic using the extra cable that plugs into the screen... but will see if i find a good option. Are you just using the screen's junk microphone for carplay?

So for carplay when you say immediately, how long for you? mine usually takes 15-30s depending on the day. I'm not doing anything with the hotspot though so curious if that makes it faster. If yours is faster, how are you setting up the hotspot?
Appreciate 0