09-30-2020, 09:59 AM   #18
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Isn’t the “included maintenance” or as BMW calls it “Ultimate Care” a little foggy?

We bought a one year old never privately titled service loaner X3 and it included Ultimate Care which I understand to be three oil changes. Each time we have had to remind the service writer that the oil change is no cost to us. It’s stupid.

Besides an oil change, what is included with the no-cost maintenance program? I am not referring to add-on or optional additional maintenance packages that can be purchased at the consumer’s discretion.
With the reduced mileage/time, never thought much of these programs as you are purchasing/leasing a vehicle that costs tens of thousands of dollars and this program at best is worth a couple of hundred.

From BMW-- https://www.bmwusa.com/explore/bmw-v...onditions.html

All model year 2017 BMW vehicles and newer sold or leased by an authorized BMW center come with BMW Ultimate Care standard for the first 3 years or 36,000 miles whichever comes first. Only the following maintenance items are included with BMW Ultimate Care when they are performed as outlined in the vehicle's Maintenance booklet:

Engine Oil
Engine Filter
Brake Fluid Does this ever apply in 3 years/36k miles per the manual?
Cabin Micro Filter(s)
Engine Air Filter(s)
Spark Plugs - I don't think this ever applies
Remote Control/Key Battery - I don't think this ever applies
Vehicle Check - I don't care and not sure what is actually happening.
Fuel Filter (Diesel engines only)
- Won't apply to most and does a diesel get a fuel filter in the 1st 36k miles?

3 oil changes and a cabin and an engine air filter?