View Single Post
      02-25-2017, 12:00 PM   #4
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by e70msportmia View Post
Thats exactly what happened to you... The guides are complete shot and the top of the strut is rubbing against the support bearing flange.

I am going through something similar and having everything done tomorrow, just wrote about on another post. Good luck.
Thanks for the reply! I just looked at your thread and I recognized it. I was hearing the same thumping when going over bumps and saw that you replaced the thrust arms to fix this so I went and replaced all the control arms etc.

I think some hard shock, maybe a pothole, started some problems on my drivers side. Getting under the car for the first look I saw that the driver's end link was ripped so I replaced that first, then I did the control arms a few months later. The bushings on the drivers side only had additional cracking when replaced.

I had originally bought new mounts and guide supports but never installed. The mechanics at the shop where I rented the lift advised me to just wait and replace the whole strut/mount assembly at the same time. I returned the mounts but kept the guide supports since they were cheap and it would have been pointless to mail them back. I'm installing the new guide supports on the old mounts today to get it back on the road until the coilovers arrive.

SYT_Shadow did an excellent write up here:

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...ension+refresh

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0