BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Year: 2012
Make: BMW
Model: X5 Xdrive50i
Miles: 68,500 (will go up as still being driven)
Price: $21,500

Up for sale is our 2012 BMW X5 50i in Deep Sea Blue Metallic over Schwartz (black) extended Nappa leather. As it is the 50i it has BMW's N63 4.4L Twin Turbo V8 producing 400 horsepower and 450lb torque. It also comes the coveted Sports Package and some other very hard to find, if not rare, options such as the Heads Up Display (HUD) and extended leather on the dashboard, doors and other areas.

Overall this X5 is in great mechanical and cosmetic condition. This is roughly my 10th BMW and second we own currently along with my supercharged 2001 M5 so I'm quite familiar with BMW's in general and the in's and out's of these vehicles. This was my wife's primary vehicle and admittedly was bought as a bit of a "compromise" when our first child was born; something larger, safer and newer than her previous vehicle, but also fast, fun and sporty as I sold what she called my "tin can" sports car being a BMW E30 with a E36 M3 motor swap. Ironically, I rarely even drove the X5.

The exterior is BMW's Deep Sea Blue metallic which is a very dynamic color. Under certain conditions it goes from a dark blue to a deep and rich metallic blue and even has some slight hues of purple which look excellent. The wheels are OEM BMW 20" style 333's that come on the M-Sport package with 275/40/20's in the front and 315/35/20's in the rear. When I added them I also added wider OEM fender flares and factory aluminum running boards as well.

The exterior is stock aside from the wheels and running boards mentioned above. I've kept the paint conditioned with washes using the "two bucket" method with a grit-guard and either Meguir's Gold Class or Chemical Guys Extreme wash soaps. A combination of various Lake County pads on my random orbital buffer were used for details as needed. I use Clay Magic clay with Meguir's quick detailer, Meguir's 105 for heavy defects (rarely used/needed on this car), Duragloss 601, 501, and 105 products with Collinite 845 top coat. It isn't concurs perfect with a few small blemishes and dings but overall it is in great condition.

The interior is BMW's extended Nappa leather in Schwartz (black). What is unique about this X5 is the extended leather package which puts leather on the dashboard, door panels and center console. This drastically makes the interior feel much more upscale. Standard X5's have a "wrinkled" soft touch dashboard that doesn't look or feel nearly as good. Overall the leather is in excellent condition with no rips, tears or other damage. Proper protective mats and blankets were always used when something was in the car. While not all dirt could be kept from inside, BMW all weather mats were put in place and the carpet kept incredibly clean for the first row, second row and cargo area; the original carpet mats come with the vehicle.

When cleaned, hot water with Murphy's Oil Soap was used and Lexol conditioner applied to keep the leather conditioned. As I'm a car fanatic, brushes were often used to keep dirt out of crevices and door jams and doors and pillars were always wiped down after a wash. The front two windows were professionally tint to match the factory tint on the other windows of the car.

Other options you will find on the interior is the HUGE panoramic sunroof, Heads Up Display that projects your speed and other information on the windshield, unique Sport Steering wheel as part of the Sports Package, Multi-Contour 20-way comfort seats (EXCELLENT for long drives), Cold Weather package with Front Heated Steering wheel, Front AND Rear Heated seats, 4-Zone Automatic Climate control, HiFi Premium Sound System and brushed aluminum trim among other features.
As far as electronics and technology this has the Technology Package with HUD, Automatic High Beam Assist, and Rear-View Camera with Top View, Premium Sound Package with Satellite Radio, 4-Zone Climate control, Comfort Access with keyless start, Navigation System, auto dimming rear view and side mirrors and much more.

Mechanically it is in great shape with a plug change, coolant flush and brake flush at 60k miles. All recalls (including the notorious Takata air bag recall on BOTH sides) have been done and there aren't any issues to speak of. Fluids were regularly checked as needed. The engine pulls VERY strong and is great to drive; honestly much more enjoyable than the replacement we've bought for it! I'm quite meticulous with maintenance and ensuring my vehicles are taken care of with OEM or better parts.

Overall this is an excellent X5 that I hate to see go. It has been incredible to us and we are only selling it as we decided on a larger vehicle for the family. This is honestly one of the most well rounded vehicles I've owned and is both fun and engaging to drive, can haul and handle people comfortably and is incredibly safe. It also has a GREAT exhaust note as well...
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me!

*I will add more/better pictures in the coming week. I'd consider the vehicle "dirty" as it is now as it hasn't received its spring detail yet which will include a full exterior polish, interior cleaning and leather treatment, etc. If there is anything you'd like pictures of in the meantime please let me know.

**I have a VIN build sheet available by request that shows all the options, build date, etc.

***I do NOT need help selling this, please don't try to spam me with checks from Nigeria as I think it is funny and I will frustratingly waste your time by pretending I'm an idiot and if this is still posted, the vehicle is still for sale.

PLENTY of pictures can be found at the link below. Note, pictures with the rear decals removed are POST-DETAIL so it looks even better!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cEQTS0U6FmzvFJco1

Attached Images

Last edited by PutterMcGavin; 05-18-2018 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0