Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Model s is bland compared to Porche tycan. BMW 5 series will be more oriented to diving dynamics and make the s and 3 seem like appliances.
They already are appliances, and many of the folks buying them treat them as such. I think it's a non-issue. One of my colleagues regularly tracks his Senna, McLaren 720S, etc, but gushes about his 3 (previously had an S) as being a perfect DD with a killer sound system to boot. I think he's nuts, but the point is, these cars *are* appliances, and I don't think BMW is going to make an electric car any time soon that inspires driving passion and upends the industry. The current 5er doesn't even do that.
Have an M2 with full Dinan upgrades. I love this car and will never sell it as it's probably the last of its kind. A year ago we bought a dual motor Model 3 that is dramatically different to drive but also fun. We've driven it over 35,000 miles in the last 12 months going everywhere east of the Mississippi River with it. Zero maintenance required with it and the autopilot is pretty cool. What makes Tesla different from all other electrics is you can go almost anywhere with it via their supercharger network. There's a charger every 80 miles. We are going to add a second electric to the stable in a year or two. I want to buy an electric BMW but it can't be used to go more than 100 miles from your home. No place to fast charge. Musk figured it out.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25086.00