View Single Post
      05-13-2019, 10:38 AM   #66
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickM View Post
I can BARELY get 24mpg HWY cruising at speed 75mph, how are you getting these values?
72mph on cruise control on highways nets me that mileage no problem. I've gotten 31.4 with 72mph on cruise, but that included a trip into and out of NYC, so I be it would've really be a hair above 32.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanHay View Post
Holy crap. I would kill for that fuel economy! I don't know why I cannot seem to get above 21-22 combined... I tried really hard on the interstate and could not get above 25 too.

Have you ever opened up your intake and had to clean it out? Any cleaning of the emissions/exhaust system?
Do you have the ability to track your coolant temps? Mine dropped to about what you say you're getting when my thermostat failed open- These things run really rich when the motor isnt allowed to get all the way up to temp. It should be running around 88c, and with a failed thermostat it'll likely run around 60-70C. This will kill your mileage.

For my mileage records, check this: http://www.fuelly.com/car/bmw/x5/2010/spyro/881426 March 17th is the day I got the delete. My overall average would probably be closer to 28-29 if I didn't include my towing gas mileages. I tow 5800 lbs of drift car, trailer, and supplies pretty often.

My X5 is fully deleted, all emissions systems removed. Straight piped with the resonator on the ATM midpipe, to the stock muffler. Tuned with DUDMD stage 2. As far as I know, my intake manifold has never been cleaned. I'm going to replace the glow plug controller to try to get rid of my code, but if I have to replace a glow plug I'll probably clean it myself. Before tuning, with full emissions, I was averaging 3-4 lower. You can look at my MPG's before 3/17/2019 to see the mpg's I was getting before my delete.

My X5 is a 2010, and I just hit 220k miles. I know for a year before I bought it it wasn't driven all that much, so that makes it 9 years old, with 8ish years of driving. Highway driving is kind to these engines, and my car seems to have been driven 25k+ miles a year. For that reason, I suspect the intake is fairly clean. Must have been all highway miles, and the car feels like it's got 60k on it other than a slight vibration I'm trying to diagnose.

Last edited by Spyro235; 05-13-2019 at 11:12 AM..
Appreciate 0