View Single Post
      11-30-2020, 04:22 AM   #11
slovakE70
Enlisted Member
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: X5 E70 xDrive 50i

An update - engine fault message is coming every day. So decided to swap solenoids just to be 100 % sure.
After swap OBD2 shown:
P0025 - "B" CAMSHAFT position- timing over-retarded (Bank 2)
Definetly faulty solenoid, ordered new one today, will be here in couple days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
If you do change it, don't forget to run the intercooler bleeding procedure after. Don't have it in front of me but if you search the web you will find it.
You mean this one ?

"Do not open the coolant expansion tank sealing cap during the bleeding procedure.

Switch on the low-beam headlights to perform the bleeding procedure. If the low-beam headlights are not switched on, the ignition (Terminal 15) will switch off automatically after a certain period of time and interrupt the bleeding procedure.

Connect battery charger.
Switch the ignition on.
Switch on low-beam headlight.
Set heating to maximum temperature. Take back blower to smallest stage.
Driving experience switch must not be set to ECO PRO!
Press accelerator pedal for 10 seconds to floor. Engine must not be started.
The bleeding procedure was started by pressing the accelerator pedal and takes approx. 12 min. (the electrical coolant pump was activated and switches off automatically after approx. 12 min).
Then adjust filling level in coolant expansion tank to maximum.
Check cooling system for leaks.
If the cooling system bleeding has to be performed again, deactivate DME completely (remove ignition key for approx. 3 minutes). Then repeat from point 3."

We tried this exactly step by step, but with no luck....
Electrical coolant pump was never activated - at least we couldn't hear it. I'm sure my auxiliary water pump is working, because i can hear it after shuting off hot engine. Maybe we did something wrong in these steps ....
Appreciate 0