kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppointer View Post
On our new G30, there is no automatic fan setting for the HVAC. The owner's manual says to set the "intensity" manually. Just wow. Or perhaps I don't understand how to automate it. Every other car we own will automatically vary the fan speed, except for the Z.
I don't think there's anything special about the G30 vs any of the other G generation. In my G82 and G05, when the HVAC is set to auto, the fan speed set is used as a "basic suggestion", and the delta between the set temperature and actual temperature is used to determine how much faster over your 'base suggestion' the fan should run.

So in a way both you and the computer have control over the fan at the same time. You can confirm this by reducing the temperature desired in increments while in auto, and seeing how the fan speed increases. And the fan speed setting in the display will remain constant while the actual speed increases. You can then increase the speed even further if you wanted.