View Single Post
      07-03-2022, 08:25 AM   #234
subbu001
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Network Connection and Bluetooth Gocsdk issues

Hi Everyone - Just sharing 2 things I encountered recently and the solutions that worked for me (after trying a lot of different things!).

1. When the phone connects to the Car Play / android unit it loses its 5G mobile connection as it connects to the android unite via Bluetooth and Wifi Hotspot (i.e. the phone is relying on the android unit to provide it with internet!). This was frustrating as none of the apps in the phone itself like spotify or waze would work anymore since they need an internet connection. After like a 20 mins drive (to sometimes 2hrs or never) a message will pop up on the phone asking if we want to switch to cellular network and then everything works as the phone starts using its 5G connection again. - Final Solution was to delete the android unit wifi profile from the phone wifi settings. It turns out the phone does not need to connect to your android unit via wifi at all.

2. More recently the android unit Bluetooth "GOCSDK" stopped working and stopped appearing when you start the android unit. Since it does not appear in the bluetooth connection window in the android unit, the phone is not able to connect at all. I initially thought it was a wiring issue and tried unscrewing the android unit and pull out the wires check them and re-plug them. This actually worked twice or thrice for like 1 month or so. After that it did not work. Upon further reading in a related blog someone suggested resetting the Bluetooth and network settings and wifi in the android unit. If you go to a similar the android unit settings (outside the carplay environment) under general reset you find the option to reset the network/wifi/bluetooth. Doing this worked for me.
Appreciate 1
argento538.00