View Single Post
      03-10-2022, 11:41 PM   #229
tonyroolze
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw f31

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
Updates to the post I restarted on ANDROID MONITOR SOUND...

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=27390678

FINAL: DAC SUMMARY...I considered the following DACS/equipment: FiiO Q5s, FiiO SBR5, Hagibis BT RT TX, Nuprime Hi-mDAC, AudioEngine D1, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red, and Cobalt. The AQ Dragonfly Red or Cobalt, coupled with UAPP, has shown me that we can achieve at least similar audio quality as the OEM side, depending on music source. The OPPO is not an ideal choice because it requires you to manually turn on/off and remove to charge. The FiiO Q5 requires you to manually turn on every time you enter the vehicle, but if you can get past this issue it will provide improved sound quality as well. I did not try the AudioEngine D1 I have on the bench b/c of the success I had with the Dragonfly series DACs. Based on the above results my personal choice is to use the AQ Dragonfly Cobalt with UAPP, OEM Bluetooth for calls, Waze for Navigation, and unlikely use of CarPlay.

So I am in this current position where I want to use CarPlay but wired from my iPhone. I am going to try the Dragonfly red dac connected to the usb of the AA head unit. Currently I understand that Bluetooth is not ideal hence I want to hard wire and use a dac. Do you think this is possible if so how would you think the best connection setup would be.
Appreciate 0