View Single Post
      08-25-2021, 09:38 AM   #223
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley007 View Post
I have a 2012 x6 50i that I finally decided to keep, since I received a new engine literally free of cost from BMW. In all my cars I install apple car play aftermarket radios but am a be hesitant to put it in my BMW. Guess I really want it professionally done and with a great apple CarPlay system cuz I really don't want the headaches that come with having to fixing the car all the time.

I live in Westchester County NY any info will be appreciated

The android monitors are great but not perfect. There is some effort required to immerse yourself in the operations and figure out solutions around the quirks. Once you're up to speed, you'll enjoy it more. WRT Carplay and these Android monitors, I would recommend skipping the wireless Carplay option and go with the separate Carplay dongle. I and others get skipping when playing music on wireless Carplay.

For me, any hassle is counterbalanced by the fact I can listen to my lossless music files with cd quality sound via a DAC setup. My normal ops with this monitor include using OEM Bluetooth for Communication/Phone, Android Monitor HOME>Apps>Waze for Navigation, Android Monitor HOME>Default Video Player, Android Monitor HOME>Apps>Movies Anywhere for movies, and Android Monitor HOME>Apps>UAPP for microSD Music Library.