View Single Post
      03-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #49
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by protecon View Post
BMS don't do backend flash for S63. Other platforms (eg N54/55) yes.

Halim seems to have the best results with other builds, but I would suggest getting the JB4 installed and tweaked before trying to stack a S63 backend on it. S63 JB4 is less than a year old, so there's not much testing done with flash integration.

What happened to your VELOS tune?

PS - I like your 300-style 22's! Wish BMW had sold the E70 with 22" wheels...
Yeah thats the plan to get the JB4 on there first and go from there. Its hard as hell to get a JB4/BCM in California, let alone have them help you with the build. Apparently CA emissions cracked down on them and now they haven't been selling or communicating with any shops in California for 3 years which makes everything that much more difficult...

Luckily m5james has been helping me every step of the way, without him, I probably wouldn't have bothered with this build. Just not enough support or people willing to help me. Really thankful to have him as a forum member here, great guy.

Luckily a local shop who I've been going to for years was able to get the JB4/BCM ordered up for me and is getting me discounts on pretty much everything. That, plus Jame's support, is why I decided to go through with the stage 2 build.

Will probably get a ZF built transmission as well to hold the torque. Also reaching out to DSS for upgraded axles. Getting two step colder plugs so the plugs don't peter out immediately... (thanks yet again for the info James!). Also having my fab guy fab up some custom metal charge pipes with meth bungs. Meth is already unsafe to begin with so leaking issues and cracked charge pipe scenarios scare me. This will put my mind at ease.

Velos tune was never installed on the car and Velos won't let me return it... so I'm forced to try to sell it here. Priced lower then their black friday deals and still no luck. Oh well... it'll sell eventually I'm sure. Not in any rush for money so I'll just sit on the FS thread all year if I have to lol

Thanks man I love the 22" rep wheels as well! Decided to get a set of 22" forged wheels because I've always been a bit of a wheel whore with my builds lol.

Thank you for your input though, I'm always open to suggestions! Especially since theres VERY little support for this platform.
Appreciate 0