View Single Post
      12-09-2017, 03:22 PM   #2
Chako
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurpZilla View Post
Whats up B-Crew! This topic has come up several times but I wanted to shed it in a slightly different light..

What is everyone's thought with the M2 N55 vs M2 S55?
-- do you think the remaining M2 models will all be S55'ed until the next gen?
-- would that mean the N55 engines models will hold their value more?

Me personally...yes S55 has more power..but the N55 throws down that power so much more smoothly. And one can't argue that the sound from the N55 is just MUCH MUCH better than the S55. Also..there will prob be a significant MSRP increase with the M2 CS..is it worth it? My guestimate is 64k.

Just seeing what yall think about this :-)
The M2 chassis with upgraded engine (even with worse sound), and optional brake and seat upgrades has the chance to be a modern classic and a fantastic car. That being said there's no way it will be that close to the M3 in price (or more) unless it's a true CS model with pretty much all of the performance options standard (rather than the 'Competition' that's been rumoured). It still has a more budget interior, non-adaptive suspension, no carbon roof, etc. that come standard on the F80/82.

If it's a direct replacement car for the M2 with similar volume (like the rumoured Competition), ~$60k would fit the current M hierarchy. If it's a full & more limited CS model then it's harder to say but $65-75k would make sense depending on the final specs and equipment.

The current M2 is a great car and will probably become an even better bargain once the S55 M2 comes out as long as there's appreciable volume of it produced.
Appreciate 1
filet.M2c784.00